Tracy Beckham Phipps
Tracy Beckham Phipps' practice is focused on civil litigation defense with a concentration in products liability, premises liability, toxic tort defense, and asbestos defense. Ms. Phipps has successfully defended cases in Madison County, Illinois and St. Louis City as well as throughout the State of Illinois and State of Missouri. Ms. Phipps has represented a wide variety of corporate clients, but particularly enjoys working with small business owners who are new to the world of asbestos and product liability litigation. She takes great care to assist clients in understanding the litigation process while always being especially mindful of client economic concerns.
Prior to joining Herzog Crebs, Ms. Phipps worked to defend business and insurance clients in workers' compensation matters. She is a member of the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, the American Bar Association, the Missouri Bar Association and the Illinois State Bar Association. She has an AV "Peer Review Rated" rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which represents the highest level of ethical standards and legal ability.
Ms. Phipps earned her juris doctorate degree from St. Louis University School of Law in 2003 where she served as an officer of the Women Law Students' Association, clerked for the St. Louis Circuit Attorney's office, and interned for Catholic Legal Assistance Ministry where she represented low income clients in dissolutions, child custody matters, and contract disputes. Ms. Phipps earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in 2000 from Indiana University, where she majored in philosophy and criminal justice and served on the Indiana Memorial Union Board of Directors.
Ms. Phipps currently serves as Vice President of the Board of Directors for Camp Ondessonk Catholic Youth Camp (Diocese of Belleville). In addition to her service to Camp Ondessonk, Ms. Phipps has volunteered for Rescued Racers Greyhound Rescue and Odyssey Hospice Care.
Ms. Phipps was born and raised in Evansville, Indiana but currently resides in St. Louis County, Missouri with her husband, her 8 year old step-daughter, and their three retired racing greyhounds. When not busy with work and family, Ms. Phipps enjoys Cardinals Baseball, Indiana Basketball, and event planning.
Areas of Practice
- Asbestos Defense
- Toxic Torts
- Workers' Compensation
- Product Liability Defense
- Missouri, 2003
- Illinois, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2015
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 2015
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 2003
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A. - 2000
- Major: Philosophy
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Speaker, Missouri Rule 4-3.2 and the Ethics in Dealing with Opposing Counsel, Young Friends of Legal Services of Eastern Missouri Ethics CLE, 2016
- Speaker, Ethics: Diversity and Inclusion, ABA Rule 8.4, Harris Martin Midwest Asbestos Conference, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Bar, Member
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Women in eDiscovery, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Missouri High School Mock Trial Competition Judge, 2003 - 2016