James D. Maschhoff
Jim Maschhoff has been practicing personal injury and business litigation in the St. Louis and Southern Illinois areas for over 20 years. He focuses on working with his clients to achieve the best outcomes possible in the most cost effective way possible. Jim has represented large and small companies and has extensive experience in the insurance defense area. He has also defended many self-insured companies against personal injury suits.
Jim is married and has two teenage children. He and his family live in South St. Louis County. He has served on the board of his children's parochial grade school and he and his family are active in the Lutheran Community.
Prior to attending law school, Jim worked as an accountant for Emerson Electric Company traveling around the Country assisting with financial audits of the company's subsidiaries.
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Defense
- Business litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- Missouri, 1994
- Illinois, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2002
- Washington University School of Law, St Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 1993
- Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, Illinois
- B.S. - 1988
- Major: Accounting
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Member
- Missouri Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member